What is HGH?
Human Growth Hormone is an essential peptide hormone produced by the pituitary gland. HGH stimulates growth, cellular reproduction, and cell regeneration in humans. It is crucial for children and adolescents for their physical growth and development. Apart from this, it also has important roles in adults. HGH increases protein synthesis; increases muscle mass and promote lipolysis.
Growth hormones are multifunctional and each function is anabolic in nature, which means building up in nature. In early stages of life, GH is responsible for increased height. Apart from its effect on height, it has other functions such as:
- Increases bone strength: HGH increases bone mineral density by increasing retention of calcium and phosphorus within the bone.
- Increased muscle mass: HGH is crucial for the regeneration and reproduction of muscle via sarcomere hypertrophy. Additionally, it promotes protein synthesis, which is essential for muscle growth and development.
- Weight loss: HGH plays an important role in lipid metabolism; it promotes fat burning into energy.
- Stimulates vital organ’s cellular growth including the brain cells
- Decreases uptake of glucose in the liver and simultaneously promotes glucose breakdown in the liver
- Improves immune system function
- Boosts mental and psychological well being
- Enhances cognitive function and improves memory and learning
- Fast recovery after injury and sickeness
- Fast recovery after heavy exercise
What are the benefits athletes seek from HGH Most?
There are many benefits that one can gain from HGH, however athletes are obsessed with it due to some specific HGH benefits that enhance their athleticism to its maximum potential.
Increase in Muscle mass
HGH’s popularity among athletes and bodybuilders is due to its ability to build muscle mass. Studies have reported the benefits of HGH for muscle growth, regeneration and development. A study that reported its findings in the Hormone Research journal compared the difference in lean muscle mass in two groups of people. Both groups were put through a low calorie diet for a period of 12 weeks, one group simultaneously received HGH therapy while the other group was put under a placebo. The HGH therapy group gained lean muscle mass whereas the placebo group lost lean muscle mass.
Weight Loss and Fat burn
Study has found HGH levels to be lower than normal in people with high Body Mass Index. HGH is responsible for lipid metabolism, i.e. it results in breakdown of lipids and also play a role in triglyceride hydrolysis. With decrease in HGH levels, the breakdown of lipids slows down and this results in increased fat deposition in the body. According to findings from a study conducted by Palm Springs Life Extension Institute, in participants treated with HGH therapy fat loss increased by almost 72%.
HGH increases bone mineral density and prevents fractures while also increasing bone rigidity and toughness.
In what forms is HGH available?
HGH Injections (Recombinant HGH Therapy)
HGH injections are not recommended for use for weight loss or in normal healthy people as the risks outweighs the benefits. It should be only used in people who have a proven HGH deficiency.
HGH supplements (HGH Releasers)
HGH releasers like Genf20 Plus, Genfx and Growth Factor plus are supplements made with highly selective ingredients that have the capacity to stimulate increased HGH release from the pituitary gland. Due to their 100% natural ingredients, HGH supplements produce little to no side effects unlike HGH injections if used improperly.